Okay, I’ve been an iPhone user since the 3G. I had a 3G, a 3GS, and now I have the Verizon iPhone 4. I loved my Google Android Phone, but I’m back to iPhone, so let me tell you about a couple of good apps to try.
- Mint – Mint is an excellent iPhone version of Mint.com. Mint gives you daily updates of your bank accounts, but you have to store all of them in the Mint.com website first. Once you do this, it gives you easy mobile access to your Mint.com overview.
- HBO Go – this allows you to watch all of HBO’s On Demand content from your iPhone or iPad. You have to be an HBO subscriber first.
- Netflix – This gives you access to Netflix extensive catalogue of movies and TV shows. No Android version yet.
- Tango – Tango is a cross platform video conferencing app. It allows you to talk to people on Android phones who don’t have Facetime, an iPhone only app. You have to create or have a Tango account first, which is free.
- The Weather Channel – Much better than the iPhone’s generic weather program. It gives you a dopplar radar and a 10 day forecast that are occaisionally right.
- Word Lens – Word Lens translates Spanish text into English text right before your eyes. It uses the camera to make the changes in real time, which is amazing that it can be even done. This has to been seen to believe.
- Google Voice – This is probably my favorite app. It lets you make and place calls and texts from your Google Voice number on your iPhone, which saves you money on your bill. Ask me for more details.
Well, there you go! I hope you try a couple of these apps and get a lot from them. I’ll do an Android Apps post soon.